You Are Leaders
When given the opportunity, young people use their creativity and drive to tackle some of the most pressing issues of our time - and have the power to make lasting change. The Bezos Scholars Program provides a platform to do just this!
Every year, we select ambitious students who bring energy, excellence, a commitment to create positive change in their community and the desire to grow as leaders. The application period for the 2016-2017 Scholastic Year will be available October 26, 2015. For students interested and planning ahead, information for our 2016 application process is provided below.
Applicants must be attending a school that meets the following criteria:
- Public High School (including Charter and Magnet schools)
- At least 30 percent of students are eligible for free/reduced lunch program
Student Scholar applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Public high school junior during the 2015-16 academic year
- Legal U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Demonstrates leadership in school and community
- Have taken at least one of the following tests: PSAT / SAT / ACT / ACT Aspire
- Be enrolled in or have taken one or more Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB) classes or college level courses
- Availability to participate on all dates
Scholar Pairs—consisting of a junior and an educator (an administrator or teacher) from the same high school—return home from the Aspen Ideas Festival prepared to work together to inititate a community change project, known as a Local Ideas Festival.