Educators Play a Key Role
Educators play a pivotal role in shaping young leaders. This program provides a unique opportunity for educators to receive professional development, connect with fellow inspired educators, all while supporting the growth of their students’ leadership skills. Educator Scholars have called this both a personal growth experience as well as a transformative professional development opportunity.
As part of the student’s application, the principal will be asked to nominate an educator at the student’s school to apply with the student. In addition to participating in the Aspen Ideas Festival, Educator Scholars collaborate with their Student Scholar to create a sustainable community change project, known as a Local Ideas Festival.
Applicants must be attending a school that meets the following criteria:
- Public High School (including Charter and Magnet schools)
- At least 30 percent of students are eligible for free/reduced lunch program
We are looking for Educators (a principal, vice-principal or classroom teacher) who:
- Are passionate about education and youth leadership
- Are champions of big ideas, have high expectations and actionable aspirations
- Would like to participate in dynamic discussions and peer learning with colleagues from across the country
- Nurture a supportive and motivational environment for student learning
- Demonstrate a willingness to collaborate with the Student Scholar to plan and launch a sustainable Local Ideas Festival
- Possess an appetite for weeklong immersion in the Aspen Ideas Festival which includes long, power-packed days of panels, events and leadership development